Many Arizona motorcyclists enjoy the freedom and fun that comes with riding a motorcycle. However, unlike bicycles, motorcycles don’t have dedicated lanes and have to share the roadways with motorists. Accordingly, it is common for negligent drivers to hit motorcyclists from behind or at busy intersections. Unfortunately, motorcycle accidents often result in catastrophic injuries or even death for bikers.
If you have been in a motorcycle accident, you are probably wondering what to do next, especially if your injuries require costly medical care. Fortunately, Arizona law entitles you to compensation for damages in a motorcycle accident due to someone else’s negligence. However, personal injury claims are often complex, especially with some insurers seeking to deny their clients fair compensation.
It is advisable to seek the help of a skilled Arizona motorcycle accident attorney to help you get the compensation you need and deserve. If you are in Arizona, we are here for you. Our well-qualified and experienced motorcycle injury lawyer at AZ Legal will fight for your right to fair compensation as you focus on your recovery.
Common Causes of Arizona’s Motorcycle Accidents
Most cases of insurance companies shortchanging clients in a personal injury claim involve victims who cannot identify the at-fault party. Successful identification involves knowing the cause of the accident. Some of the most common causes of Arizona motorcycle accidents include:
- Reckless or negligent drivers. There is an open disregard for motorcyclists on the road by motorists who end up hitting them. Most of these drivers are either over-speeding, drunk, distracted or ignoring traffic rules, including the biker’s right of way.
- Poor road conditions. Potholes on roadways and other road defects increase motorcyclists’ risk of dangerous accidents. A small bump on the road can destabilize a speeding motorcycle and possibly lead to a serious accident. Poor weather conditions, including ice/snow on roadways, can also cause motorcycle accidents.
- Defective motorcycles. Malfunctions in motorcycles due to mechanical failures and tire blowouts are dangerous to motorcyclists, especially if the malfunction occurs when the motorcycle is on the move. The malfunctioning may also be due to defective parts, manufacturing problems, or poor workmanship by the mechanic.
- Negligent Riders. Similar to motorists, motorcyclists must adhere to traffic rules. However, some endanger themselves through negligent acts, including reckless lane splitting, over-speeding, and riding under the influence.
Common Arizona Motorcycle Accident Injuries
With only a helmet for protection, most riders suffer life-threatening injuries in a collision with a motor vehicle or other objects on the road. Some of the most common motorcycle accidents injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organs injuries
- Broken bones and amputations
- Lacerations and physical scarring
- Road rash
- Burns and soft tissue injuries
Recovering Damages in an Arizona Motorcycle Accident
Identifying the at-fault party makes the damage recovery easier. Besides medical expenses, other damages you can recover in a motorcycle accident personal injury claim include lost income, lost future earning capacity, rehabilitation expenses, and motorcycle repair expenses. You can also recover damages for emotional pain and suffering.
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Arizona
Motorcycle accidents often result in severe life-threatening injuries that can leave you requiring lengthy and costly medical treatment. You may also be unable to work for a long time or permanently. While Arizona law entitles you to compensation for accidents due to another’s negligence, the damage recovery process is complex, and you may not get fair compensation.
However, if you or a loved one has sustained injuries in an Arizona motorcycle accident, don’t worry. Our knowledgeable and experienced motorcycle accident lawyer at AZ Legal is committed to guiding you through the complex damage recovery process and getting you the compensation you need and deserve. Contact us to schedule a free consultation and learn more about our services.