What to Expect After a Motorcycle Accident Crash.We are experienced motorcycle accident attorneys who have represented many motorcycle riders seriously injured in a crash with a car or truck. No matter how observant and cautious you are, other motorists don’t pay enough attention. Here are important points we have learned from motorcycle crashes:
- Your injuries will be significant and possibly permanent. Fractures are frequent, especially pelvic fractures when the rider has been thrown off the bike. Safety gear – particularly your helmet – will give you some road rash protection and reduce your risk of a traumatic brain injury, but fractures are common. A motorcycle accident attorney can help find medical providers to treat your injuries.
- The car driver will claim they didn’t see you, as if that is your fault. Wear your safety gear and bright colors, but expect the other driver will blame you because they didn’t see you in time.
- You will be blamed for speeding. Everyone knows motorcycle riders drive too fast, right? No, that is incorrect – most motorcycle riders have undergone special riding safety training, follow safety recommendations and do everything they can to avoid a crash. You will need a motorcycle accident attorney to defend your driving skills were not a factor in the crash.
- Your helmet will save your life. We always hear, “thank goodness I was wearing my helmet.”
- If you don’t have uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage on your motorcycle policy, add it right away. You can read more about this topic in my article titled: “Unforeseen Road Hazard”. Chances are the driver-at-fault with not have enough insurance or assets to fully compensate you if you’re involved in serious crash. You should also consider getting an “umbrella” policy.
WHAT WE DO
As experienced motorcycle accident attorneys in Arizona, we know what needs to be done when a motorcycle crash happens. We can help you through the hassles of getting your motorcycle repaired (or replaced) and help you get the medical care you need.
The other driver’s insurance company is not on your side, no matter how nice the adjuster seems to be. You need an experienced personal injury lawyer to be your advocate and protector for when the insurance company tries to withhold what you need to get your bike repaired or replaced and get you the compensation you deserve.
We keep our clients updated every step of the way. We communicate with them via phone calls, email, text, Zoom, and yes, in-person in a safe setting. We make sure our clients know what is happening and what the next steps will be. We make sure our clients are a part of our team.
Not every law firm fights for their clients. We do, and have extensive trial and arbitration experience. If a lawsuit is necessary to get what our clients need and deserve, we know what to do.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS
If you are a motorcycle rider involved in a crash, call motorcycle accident attorney Kevin Chapman or his team at (480) 833-1113 and we can talk about it.
Blog: Kevin’s Other Articles