Mesa Fatal Car Accident Attorney
Approximately 42 percent of Arizona motor vehicle accidents end up in an injury. According to a 2021 report by the Arizona Department of Transport, there were 51,633 motor vehicle injuries and 1,180 fatal car accidents across the state. With fatal car accidents devastating individuals and families, fair compensation for victims is critical.
Unfortunately, many victims are unaware of the full value of their personal injury or wrongful death cases and risk being shortchanged by insurance companies. If you or a loved one is a victim of a fatal car accident due to someone else’s negligence, it is advisable to seek the help of an experienced and knowledgeable fatal accident attorney.
If you are in Mesa, Arizona, you can contact our fatal car accident lawyer at Rowley Chapman & Barney Ltd. Our skilled lawyer is committed to helping you get the compensation you need and deserve for your injuries or the wrongful death of a loved one.
Common Causes of Fatal Car Accidents
Knowing who caused an accident is essential when pursuing compensation in a personal injury case. Some of the most common causes of fatal car accidents in Mesa include:
- Drunk Driving. Despite Arizona’s strict DUI laws, drunk driving or alcohol-related crashes accounts for 20.23% of all fatal crashes across the state.
- Distracted Driving. Distracted driving involves driving while eating/drinking, having conversations, using the phone, grooming, or tuning the radio. While these might seem like small distractions, a driver taking their eyes off the road even momentarily can lead to a serious car accident.
- Fatigued Driving. Similar to alcohol or drugs, fatigue is a serious impairment in driving and can lead to a fatal car crash. It may be due to driving for long hours or sleep deprivation.
- Reckless Driving. Reckless driving is common and can take many forms, including over-speeding, running red lights, carelessly changing lanes, and a general failure to obey traffic rules and laws.
- Other Causes. In addition to negligent drivers, there are other causes of Arizona’s fatal car accidents, including third-party negligence, like poor or hazardous road conditions and defective car parts.
While knowing the cause of a fatal accident is critical, having a skilled Mesa car accident lawyer by your side is essential to ensure you get fair compensation.
Common Types of Car Accidents Injuries
It is important to understand the type and severity of your injuries as it affects the value of your personal injury lawsuit. Some of the most common fatal car accident injuries include:
- Traumatic head injuries, including brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severe fractures and sprains
- Broken bones and amputations
- Burns, cuts, and bruises
Besides physical injuries, fatal accidents often leave victims with emotional wounds, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
How Can a Fatal Accident Lawyer Help?
Following a fatal accident, seeking medical treatment should be your priority, after which you or someone else must file an accident report with the police. Both actions are critical for subsequent damage recovery. You should contact a skilled and experienced Mesa fatal accident lawyer to help you navigate the complex damage recovery process.
A fatal accident lawyer will help you manage the process, including gathering evidence and carrying out investigations. A skilled lawyer will also help you negotiate with insurance companies and file a personal injury case if necessary. Typically, a fatal accident lawyer focus on the damage recovery process, including getting you the compensation you need and deserve as you focus on your medical recovery.
Contact a Los Angeles Car Accidents Lawyer
Damage recovery in a fatal car accident is often complex and can overwhelm victims, especially as they may also be dealing with serious and life-changing injuries. Besides worrying about medical expenses, you may also be worried about other damages caused by the accident. However, a skilled fatal accident lawyer can help ease your worries. If you or a loved one is a victim of a fatal accident in Mesa, AZ, we are here for you. Kevin Chapman, our knowledgeable and experienced Mesa fatal accident attorney at Rowley Chapman & Barney Ltd will guide you through the damage recovery while helping you get fair compensation for your injuries. Contact him today for a free consultation and solid legal representation.