Riding a motorcycle comes with a sense of freedom, fun, and great convenience. However, it also comes with great risk as motorcyclists share the same busy roadways with motorists. Many motorcyclists’ biggest fear is that a negligent driver won’t respect their space and may injure or even kill them in an avoidable road accident.
With motorcyclists having little to no protection, collisions with motor vehicles or other objects on the road often result in severe injuries or even death for the motorcyclist. The severe injuries, including traumatic head injuries and broken bones, are often life-changing, with many victims unable to work for a long time.
In addition to the physical and emotional injuries, a motorcycle accident can leave you with substantial medical expenses. While Arizona’s law entitles you to compensation for a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, damage recovery in a motorcycle accident is not always straightforward.
However, an Arizona motorcycle accident lawyer can help you navigate the complex damage recovery process. If you are in Arizona and you or a loved one has sustained injuries in a motorcycle accident due to another’s negligence, we are here for you. Our skilled and experienced motorcycle injury lawyer at Rowley Chapman & Barney Ltd will defend your rights while helping you get fair compensation for your damages.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Even though motorcyclists wear protective gear, including a helmet, collisions with motor vehicles or other objects often result in severe injuries requiring extensive treatment. Some of Arizona’s common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries and head trauma
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones and amputations
- Internal organs injuries
- Severe bruising
- Road rash and soft tissue injuries
Besides these injuries, a motorcycle accident is also likely to result in emotional pain and suffering or even wrongful death.
Common Causes of Arizona’s Motorcycle Accidents
Since the at-fault party in a motorcycle accident is liable to pay for damages, it is critical to identify the cause of an accident for a successful personal injury claim. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents in Arizona include:
- Negligent drivers, including those who over-speed, drive under the influence, or engage in other reckless acts. Generally, most motorists openly disregard motorcyclists on the road by driving too close to them or ignoring their right of way. These negligent acts usually lead to motorists hitting and injuring motorcyclists.
- Poor road and weather conditions, including potholes, ice/snow on roadways, and other related hazards, also increase the likelihood of motorcyclists getting injured in dangerous road accidents.
- Defective motorcycles either due to faulty manufacturing or mechanical failure often lead to motorbike malfunctions, including brake failure and tire blowouts. These malfunctions significantly increase a motorcyclist’s risk of a serious road accident.
- Negligent riders may also cause motorcycle accidents where they sustain injuries or injure others with reckless acts, including over-speeding, lane splitting, and riding under the influence.
Why You Need a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Most motorcycle accidents involve huge compensatory awards, especially where the victim suffers catastrophic injuries or wrongful death. Therefore, the cases are often adversarial, with insurance companies seeking to disadvantage victims. Besides these insurers’ tactics, Arizona’s laws like comparative negligence and statute of limitations complicate personal injury claims.
You need a motorcycle accident lawyer considering all these complexities. A lawyer will help you comply with all the necessary legal requirements and defend your rights as you focus on recovery.
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Arizona
Motorcycle accidents are often life-changing, especially where they result in catastrophic injuries requiring long and costly medical treatment. Fortunately, the law entitles you to compensation where the accident is due to another’s negligence. However, due to competing interests and the complexity of the damage recovery process, you are likely to receive delayed or even reduced compensation.
Accordingly, it is advisable to seek the help of a motorcycle accident lawyer if you or a loved one has sustained injuries in a motorcycle accident. Our skilled and experienced motorcycle accident lawyer at Rowley Chapman & Barney Ltd is committed to helping you navigate the complex process while defending your right to fair compensation. Contact us today for a free consultation and learn more about our services.